Here is the short version of the goals of the 5th of July Foundation:
- defend freedom of opinion and freedom of expression on the Internet – in practical deed
- educate the public about freedom of opinion, expression and privacy
- participate in the public debate in these areas
- support diversity and free exchange of ideas on the Internet
- seek to counteract damaging effects of monitoring, recording, retaining and blocking of Internet traffic
- provide Internet services that further these causes
The long version of purpose of the 5th of July Foundation is found in the Charter.