The Swedish non-profit 5th of July Foundation runs the VPN service Integrity VPN since 2013. We are dedicated to providing the strongest possible security, and part of that goal is our unique setup: Integrity VPN is available solely through reselling ISP’s. That way, we can focus on running and developing a great service without having to handle any personal data – we don’t know who our users are, and that makes for great security.
Integrity VPN has evolved to a very stable VPN service. We run it solely on our own physical servers and continuously invest in new hardware to make sure that traffic peaks never hit the ceiling.
Build the VPN service of the future with us
Do you want to join a small bunch of developers and network technicians to take Integrity VPN to the next level? There will be plenty of opportunities for the right person to shape the future Integrity VPN.
We are mainly looking for two persons (or one person with both competences):
1. DevOps person
You will work in the heart of the operation and further development of Integrity VPN:
- Full IPv6 implementation,
- Trying out new VPN protocols such as Wireguard,
- Installing VPN servers in new locations (physically and/or remotely),
- Adapting open source VPN clients to our needs.
You might not be an expert on all of this, but you should be knowledgeable about networks, server scripts, switches and routers, what is sometimes referred to as DevOps.
Except for Integrity VPN, the 5th of July Foundation offers other tools that enhance security, privacy and liberty for internet users.
- As a developer, you will code these services, or adapt existing open source services to fit our needs.
- You will also code for Integrity VPN, for example adapting open source GUI packages for various platforms.
You will also be able to suggest what services you want to code for us.
You’re an activist
The 5th of July Foundation is a non-profit foundation founded by internet pioneers and activists. We believe in spreading security, privacy and liberty to all internet users.
It is important that you share these values, and that you can back it up: What have you done before? Maybe you were involved in the open source community? Maybe you have a background in the pirate movement? Don’t be shy!
What you should know
- We’re not hiring, technically. You will work as a freelancer who sends invoices (just like all of us, including the Executive Director).
- You can be based anywhere. We are currently spread over three European countries with some kind of base in Berlin, Germany.
- We’re not your regular business types. If you’re a bit of a social misfit, you’ll fit right in.
How to apply
Get in touch now by sending an encrypted email to info (at) 5july.org where you introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your specialties, preferably with some links to previous projects of yours.
Do it now!