Who we are
- We are the 5th of July Foundation in Sweden.
- Our goal is to enhance the security, privacy and liberty for internet users, by providing concrete tools such as a VPN service, anonymous email, and more.
Who you are
- You want to help build those tools.
- You share our vision of an internet free from surveillance and censorship.
- You might have a background in the open source community or the pirate movement.
- If you’re young*, hungry and with a strong passion for learning and growing, we might be a very good fit for you.
What we want
- First and foremost, we need a dedicated person for our VPN service Integrity VPN.
- You will work with our senior technicians, who have designed a state-of-the-art VPN solution, which is now ready to be taken to the next level.
- You will be part of implementing IPv6, trying out new protocols such as Wireguard, and even – depending on where you live – visiting physical locations to install new hardware.
What we also want
- We have many projects, both exisiting ones that need to be properly maintained, and ideas that are yet to be launched.
- You may also suggest your own projects that enhance security, privacy and liberty for internet users.
- You will work on a freelance basis and invoice us from your company.
- All work is paid. (Worth stressing since we’re a non-profit foundation.)
- You can be based anywhere in the world. Currently, we work from Sweden, Germany, the Czech Republic and Thailand.
- You must speak English. (All of us speak English and Swedish. Some speak German too.)
How to apply
- Send off your CV (including some references/links to previous work), and an informal email where you introduce yourself, to karl AT 5july.org (fingerprint: 1DC3 5A97 1854 5C89 1B0B 7B8F BD0E 885C 4C4F 7E4D).
- Do it now – and hopefully we’ll soon build the internet of the future together!
*Young? Well, young at heart at least! All ages are welcome to join the team, which currently spans over several generations.